The support comes from the sales of books, maps, videos, and other items about Shenandoah National Park and the National Park Service. These sales items help park visitors in planning and enjoying their experience in this great national park.
To increase public understanding, appreciation, and stewardship of Shenandoah National Park by providing interpretive/educational materials, financial support, and services in resource education.
SNPA Strategic Plan Goals:
- Maximize Aid to Shenandoah
- National Park
- Promote an Active Membership Program
- Ensure SNPA Operates as a High-Performance Acountable Non-Profit Organization
Under an agreement with the National Park Service, SNPA is one of many cooperating associations that sell books, maps, videos, and other items in park visitor centers. Associations also sell items by mail order and from online websites for those who wish to plan a visit or to simply learn more about the park.
What’s special about SNPA is that all its profits are returned to support the interpretive and educational programs of Shenandoah National Park. That means that your purchase makes a difference!
SNPA also has a membership program that is open to the public. Check out the “Become a Member” page to find out about the many benefits of joining SNPA.
Since 1950 SNPA has contributed more than $2,360,500.00 to support Shenandoah National Park.
Your membership and purchases do make a difference!
The Bookstore has a great selection of park hiking books and maps, nature guides (birds, butterflies, mushrooms, trees, wildflowers), history guides (pre-Park, Civilian Conservation Corps), and general information about the park and the National Park Service.
If you can’t find what your looking for in our bookstore, give us a call at 540-999-3582.
For your information, the abbreviation SNPA refers to Shenandoah National Park Association and SNP refers to Shenandoah National Park.
- If you do not wish to order on-line, you can complete your order, print it, and mail it in with your personal check, money order, or credit card information.
- You can also call us at 540-999-3582 and place your order by phone.
- SNPA ships all items by priority mail.
- If you desire to have UPS or other means of shipping, please call the above number to make special arrangements.
- Orders normally are shipped within 2-3 business days of receipt of order.
Interested in a 20% Discount!
If you’re a SNPA Member or join when you place your order, you will get a 20% discount on items purchased from the bookstore.
Check out the MEMBERSHIP PAGE to find out all the benefits.